Warehouse Operative/ HGV Driver (Dagenham, Greater London)
Job Type: Full – time, Hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 - 17:00
Location: Dagenham, Greater London
Experience: 2 years (preferred)
Salary: 35700 GBP a year
The Warehouse Operative/HGV Driver job role will involve working with the Warehouse department. The Warehouse and Logistics deal with receipt, storage and despatch of own and entail delivery and collection of facade constructions.
Induction training will be given on all aspects of manual handling and Health & Safety, training may be given on forklift and HIAB if necessary.
- Ensure that the vehicle is road worthy by carrying out appropriate checks on a routine basis, any discrepancies or faults to be reported immediately;
- Ensure that the vehicle, crane or forklift is driven and maintained in an appropriate and courteous manner and in line with legislation, H&S guidelines and company policy;
- Ensure that tachograph and other essential paperwork is completed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Responsible for ensuring orders are correctly loaded onto the vehicle in line with H&S procedures and proper documentation is completed prior to departure;
- Carry out efficient and timely deliveries to construction sites;
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and a safe working environment within the Warehouse, including the yard and other areas under Warehouse control;
- Perform or assist in any other Warehouse duties and tasks that may reasonably be required during the course of working day to facilitate efficient operation of the Warehouse.
Along with a high standard of work ethics, accuracy and attention to detail you will require:
- Good verbal communication (More than one language is preferred but not essential);
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and as part of a team, follow instructions and operate in an orderly manner;
- Positive and approachable, hard-working with a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Self-motivated, be eager and capable to learn;
- Adhering to H&S protocols and regulations including appropriate use of PPE equipment at all times;
- Enthusiasm for working in a Warehouse along with a sense of pride in a job well done.
- Education – High School Diploma;
- A valid UK class 2 (Category C) driving licence or EU equivalent;
- Driver CPC and Digital Tachograph card;
- Lorry Loader (HIAB)/Slinger Banksman certificate (preferred but not essential);
- Counterbalance Forklift certificate (preferred but not essential);
- Manual handling experience will be an advantage;
- Basic computer skills;
- Proficient knowledge of English (Latvian is desired but not essential).
Application and CV sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org