SKANSTE - VAIROGS
Project type: Engineering constructions
Client: AS “Augstsprieguma tīkls”
Company: “Latvijas Energoceltnieks”
In frame of the reconstruction of 110 kV cable line LNo. 212 “Skanste-Vairogs” “Latvijas Energoceltnieks” developed new power network connection for the substation “Skanste” to secure availability of additional power capacity for the Skanste surroundings in Riga. It was the first high voltage cable line built in the territory of Latvia where optical cable fibres were used in the cables allowing monitoring the temperature of cables in each meter, as well as calculating the maximum available transmittable power. In total, the length of the construction route reaches 2.97 kilometres.
LEC performed the following works in frame of the project:
- Engineering geological research,
- Trench-less horizontally guided drilling,
- Construction of 110 kV cables and optical cable system,
- Construction of 110 kV the cable connection coupling and optical cable connection coupling well,
- Installation of 110 kV cable and optical cable,
- Construction of the 110 kV cable and optical cable connection coupling.